This Healthy Guacamole Dip Recipe is always a hit at gatherings. Avocados are great sources of healthy fats, fiber, and a wide range of nutrients, making this favorite dip a superfood. Serve with chips, or add to sandwiches, wraps and salads.
How to Choose Avocados
Avocados are a great way to add healthy fats to your diet. When using them to make guacamole, it’s best to choose avocados that are very ripe, so you get a creamy and smooth texture.
Look for avocados that have started to turn black, and don’t have a lot of green left. If the area where the stem was attached easily comes off the avocado, that’s a good sign it’s ready.
If you have avocados that are still green, the best way to ripen them quickly is to put them in a paper bag and leave them on the counter for 1-3 days, depending on the beginning ripeness.
Make sure not to be too impatient! The avocado should be soft to the touch prior to opening it up and mashing it for guacamole.
How to Make Healthy Guacamole Dip
Healthy Guacamole Dip
Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse, so this guacamole dip should be a regular at your gatherings! Serve with organic corn chips, or top sandwiches, wraps or salads with it.
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (chopped finely)
- jalapenos (diced finely, to taste)
- Remove avocado, and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, lime juice, sea salt and cumin, and mash the avocado until creamy, but some chunks still remain.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapenos. Stir to combine, then taste. Adjust lime juice, jalapenos, and sea salt to taste.
- Serve with organic corn chips, or use as a spread for sandwiches or wraps. This also makes a delicious salad topper.